Welcome to the logq website!
To fetch the source code:
bzr branch https://launchpad.net/logq
logq is a flexible log analyzer that is currently under development and will be released shortly. The license of logq is GPL version 2.
You probably want to see some Examples.
- Log files are parsed into an SQLite database for powerful querying.
- All aspects of log analysis and reporting can be customized with a flexible plugin system.
- - input formats - query types and presets - report format
- Raw data can be aggregated for fast querying without loss of information. This makes it possible to generate different reports from historical data, without impacting performance to a prohibitive degree.
Plugins exist to support the following log formats:
- Apache traffic logs with arbitrary formatting. Common formats like Common and Combined are supported, including those using X-forwarded-for instead of remote host.
Plugins exist to support the following output formats:
- ASCII bar graphs
- matplotlib bar graphs
- Google Charts bar graphs
What's The Point?
logq hopes to one day compete with webalizer and awstats. I've used both of those packages, and wouldn't knock them, but I wanted a more flexible log analyzer. Since those programs are monolithic Perl programs without much hope to attain the feature set I desired, I created my own analyzer. I use it regularly.
logq is currently developed and maintained by the primary author, Forest Bond.
This wiki is powered by MoinMoin. It will one day have a personality of its own.